Romanian journalists are invited to take part in a study visit to Ukraine in the summer of 2021! It’s your unique opportunity to get first-hand information on the state and prospects of Ukrainian-Romanian relations, including in the military sphere, the socio-economic situation in Ukraine, the experience of European and Euro-Atlantic integration. During a five-day stay, you’ll get interviews with diplomats, key public opinion leaders, and top officials, interesting locations, networking with Ukrainian colleagues.
What to expect?
The visit will take place in the summer of 2021 (approximately in June, the exact date will be determined depending on the current quarantine restrictions).
The tour includes a stay in Kyiv and a visit to one of the regions of Ukraine (presumably these will be the eastern regions). Approximate period of stay in Ukraine – 5 days.
Meetings with high-ranking Ukrainian officials, diplomats, key public opinion leaders, representatives of civil society organizations, visits to military facilities, etc. are planned to be held during the tour.
Working language of all meetings – English.
Whom are we looking for?
1. Journalists working in the Romanian media and specializing in foreign policy publications (please indicate whether an additional media representative is needed, such as a videographer). Preference will be given to journalists with experience in publishing on Ukraine and neighboring countries.
3. Ability to take part in all activities of the visit.
4. Prepare at least two information materials for the Romanian media based on the results of the visit.
5. Knowledge of English
HOW TO APPLY?
Please fill in the Google form before May 23, 2021.
Participants will be selected by a selection committee, which will consist of representatives of the Foreign Policy Council “Ukrainian Prism”, the Embassies of Romania in Ukraine, and Ukraine in Romania.
Selected participants will be informed after May 27, 2021.
The organizers cover the following costs:
1. Travel / flight Kyiv-Bucharest-Kyiv.
2. Accommodation and meals for the entire period of the visit.
3. Land transport during the entire stay in Ukraine, including moving around the regions of the country.
For detailed information, please contact Yevhen Romanenko, Ukrainian Prism Project Manager, email@example.com.
Foreign Policy Council “Ukrainian Prism”, Embassy of Ukraine in Romania, Embassy of Romania in Ukraine.
The visit will be carried out within the project “Discover RO – Discover UA: Media tours to get information first-hand”, which is implemented by the NGO “Foreign Policy Council “Ukrainian Prism” with the financial support of The Black Sea Trust for Regional Cooperation