Interested in researching the East European region? Want to learn how to write and promote policy papers that will reach stakeholders and make a change? Welcome to our East European School of Foreign Policy Researchers!
The initiative is supported by the National Endowment for Democracy (NED).
The school aims to create a communication platform for Belarusian, Moldovan and Ukrainian researchers, increase their awareness of international processes in the Eastern European region and provide basic skills for the development and implementation of analytical documents.
The training phase of the School will be held January 14-17, 2020.
After the training phase, it is assumed that each participant:
- as part of an international group consisting of school participants, will analyze the policy in the selected field (policy paper format) with expert mentoring;
- will prepare an analytical document on the relevant topic of East European politics;
- will take part in public events organized within the framework of the School.
We are waiting for applications from young researchers (up to 30 years, with up to two years experience in the field) from Ukraine, Moldova and Belarus, majoring in international relations, political science, international economics, public administration and history:
- undergraduates and graduate students,
- representatives of independent think tanks,
- university professors,
- academic researchers.
Key selection criteria:
- relevant education;
- motivation to develop as an expert on foreign policy issues;
- consent to carry out a policy analysis, prepare at least one publication on the subject of the training and undergo a survey to assess progress;
- sincere interest in the region,
- fluency in English.
The official languages of the school are English and Russian.
The organizers cover all expenses for accommodation, meals and transportation within the school.
Apply before December 20, 2019. All candidates will be informed on the selection results by December 23, 2019.