Polish journalists (from state and independent media) are invited to participate in the 5-day visit to Ukraine in October 2018. The visit is aimed at increasing the Polish media awareness of Ukraine’s European and Euro-Atlantic integration process, providing the objective and complete information on the state reforms progress, institutions and processes of EU-Ukraine Association Agreement implementation, Ukraine’s participation in the Eastern Partnership multilateral format, as well as the Ukrainian government and civil society efforts to de-occupy the Donbas and Crimea. Another objective of the visit is to develop contacts and effective communication between Polish journalists and their Ukrainian peers.
The trip will include the stay in Kyiv and in the east of Ukraine, as well as meetings with high-ranking Ukrainian officials.
Agenda of the visit
The visit will take place on October 1-5, 2018 and will include 2 stages:
Stay in Kyiv (3 days):
1) Meetings with the representatives of (the list is tentative and is subject to confirmation)
- Delegation of the European Union to Ukraine;
- Office of the Vice Prime Minister for European and Euro-Atlantic Integration of Ukraine;
- Government Office for European and Euro-Atlantic Integration;
- Civic Synergy Project, Ukrainian side of the Ukraine-EU Civil Society Platform, Ukrainian National Platform of the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum;
- The European Union Advisory Mission Ukraine;
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine (level of the deputy minister or the head of respective department);
- Ministry of Regional Development, Construction and Housing and Communal Services of Ukraine (llevel of the deputy minister or the head of respective department);
- Ministry of Social Policy of Ukraine (level of the deputy minister or the head of respective department);
- Ministry of Information Policy of Ukraine (level of the deputy minister or the head of respective department), State Committee for Television and Radio Broadcasting (members of the Council), Public Television;
- Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine and relevant committees (chairman / deputy chairman of the committee);
- Embassy of the Republic of Poland in Ukraine;
- Ukrainian Institute of National Remembrance;
- Reanimation Package of Reforms (Initiative Council) and other non-government initiatives;
- mass media (television, radio).
Stay in the eastern Ukraine (2 days):
2) The program of the visit in the eastern of Ukraine is as follows:
– stay in the liberated cities (Kramatorsk and Slovyansk), meeting with representatives of local administrations, visiting social infrastructure facilities, meeting with civic activists;
– visiting a military facility / staying in a demarcation zone.
Working language of all meetings will be English.
- Journalists working in the Polish media (Please indicate if an additional representative from the outlet such as a cameraman is needed).
- Experience of covering foreign-policy issues. Preference will be given for people with experience on covering Eastern Europe or/and Ukraine.
- Working level of English allowing to actively take part in all parts of the visit and follow-up activities.
- Ability to take part in all activities of the visit on October 1-5, 2018.
- Commitment to prepare two media pieces on Ukrainian issues in the Polish media after the visit.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please fill in the Google Form before August 28, 2018.
Participants will be selected by the Selection Committee including representatives of the Foreign Policy Council “Ukrainian Prism”, Embassy of Ukraine in the Republic of Poland, Embassy of the Republic of Poland in Ukraine, Civic Synergy Project.
Selected participants will be notified before September 1, 2018.
The organizers cover all visit related costs for the participants:
- Return airline tickets to Kyiv from Poland (local transport at your home country is not included)
- Accommodation (single room in a hotel) and board
- Ground transportation during the whole stay, including train to the east of Ukraine.
For details, please contact:
Yevheniy Romanenko, project manager, Foreign Policy Council «Ukrainian Prism», firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Foreign Policy Council “Ukrainian Prism”
- EU-funded Civic Synergy Project
- Ukrainian National Platform of the EaP Civil Society Forum
- International Renaissance Foundation
- Embassy of the Republic of Poland in Ukraine
This visit is prepared with the support of the European Union and the International Renaissance Foundation within the framework of the Civic Synergy Project (http://www.irf.ua/programs/eu/civicsynergy). Individual opinions expressed in materials or voiced during the visit are those of the authors/ speakers and do not necessarily reflect the point of view of the European Union and the International Renaissance Foundation.